TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Will 911 Difficulties Derail VoIP?

Re: Will 911 Difficulties Derail VoIP?

Thor Lancelot Simon (tls@panix.com)
Wed, 11 May 2005 20:56:30 UTC

In article <telecom24.208.4@telecom-digest.org>, Jack Decker
<jack-yahoogroups@withheld_on_request]> wrote:

> The big problem for VoIP providers is that there is no easy 911
> solution.

I think we've been around this block a few times before. The big
problem for VoIP providers whose financial models rely on avoiding
the cost of regulation imposed on traditional providers (rather
than on the inherent efficiency of packet voice) is that there is
no *free* 911 solution.

Thor Lancelot Simon tls@rek.tjls.com

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is
to be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Who Gets to See the E-mail of the Deceased?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Will 911 Difficulties Derail VoIP?"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Will 911 Difficulties Derail VoIP?"