TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Unbrand America Causes Mess on the Net Over Weekend

Re: Unbrand America Causes Mess on the Net Over Weekend

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sun, 08 May 2005 21:54:20 -0700

Patrick Townson wrote:

> Telecom and dozens (maybe hundreds) of other newsgroups have been
> spammed by Unbrandamerica.org. The NNTP server used for this spam is
> under jurisdiction of Asian Pacific Network.

IP address?

> Somehow they were able to bypass the Moderators of newsgroups and post
> directly to telecom and other groups. I did NOT approve any of their
> spam messages for posting to telecom.

It's actually pretty easy to do if you know how.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: 1A2 Help Requested"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Who Gets to See the E-mail of the Deceased?"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Unbrand America Causes Mess on the Net Over Weekend"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page