TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Forward Fax to Email

Re: Forward Fax to Email

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Thu, 05 May 2005 02:33:06 -0500

It was a dark and stormy night when Jeremy <payday215@aol.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any better solutions than this. Someone mentioned a
> Microsoft Fax Software, but I did not have any luck finding anything
> out about it, so therefore I know nothing about it. Please let me
> know if there is a better alternative solution.

Since your fax line is (presumably) already located where you wish to
read the faxes, you can skip the email step. You'll need a computer
with a fax-modem in it (that's most modems made since 386 computers
and Windows 3.1 were the cutting edge of technology, and virtually all
computers sold in the last 5 years) and software. There's software
that comes with Windows (since Win95), or bundled when you buy a
faxmodem, there's shareware, there's programs you can purchase
separately. Most of these will save the faxes as images, one to a
page, and you can review them, delete the unwanted and select which to
print out. Other programs often come with computers, or are bundled
with modems, some are shareware, some are commercial software, many of
them provide more bells and whistles than the version that comes with
Windows. But you probably don't need bells and whistles. Use your
desk computer, or dedicate an old junker, this doesn't require much
computing power. (Of course, whatever computer you use, you'll have
to leave it turned on.)

If you're running Windows XP, see http://tinyurl.com/24csp or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx for instructions.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Forward Fax to Email"
Go to Previous message: Carl Navarro: "Re: Forward Fax to Email"
May be in reply to: Jeremy: "Forward Fax to Email"