TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test

Re: Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
2 May 2005 12:13:22 -0700

Jack Decker wrote:

> Cell phones have been around a LOT longer than VoIP, yet to the best
> of my knowledge no state attorney general has ever sued a cell phone
> company over the way they handle 911 calls.

But individuals have sued cellular carriers over problems reaching
emergency aid from the cell phones.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But the _original_ cell phone carriers
were the telcos (and still mostly are). The VOIP companies consider
telco to be athenema, and telco says the feeling is mutual. Yes,
individual persons have sued cellco and telco alike; and VOIP and
telco are always going at it. But there is no reason for telco to
egg on Attorney General to get him to sue their sisters, the cellco.
PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "9/11 Lawsuit Against Motorola Tossed Again"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Spam Mentioning "242 W. 36th St""
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test"