TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Spam Mentioning "242 W. 36th St"

Re: Spam Mentioning "242 W. 36th St"

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
2 May 2005 13:46:54 -0400

<NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO> wrote:

> You may wish to search the BODY of your incoming spam for
> "242 W. 36th St"

> My wife has been getting spam every day saying: "To stop all future
> mailings, follow the link below or send your email address to:

> Member Services 242 W. 36th St,12th floor
> New York, NY 10018 (866) 872-6022"

> She sent me with her Email address to 242 W. 36th St,12th floor New
> York, NY. I went last week. It is an unrelated business there. They
> know nothing about spam. Business there is in TV production
> company. I called (866) 872-6022 and only an answering machine
> answers. I asked that they give correct address in their out-going
> message.

Spammers lie.

You called their answering machine, and you left a message, which NOW
means you're going to be put on a bunch of sucker mailing lists as well.

If they put their correct address in, PEOPLE WOULD COMPLAIN. They do
not want that. They are spammers.

> Could I perhaps be mis-dialing? Could others please call and ask that
> correct address be put in their out-going message? To avoid your
> private phone number being harvested, I recommend that you too call
> from a payphone.

Of course they don't give correct identification information. Would
you expect muggers and rapists to give correct identification?

--scott

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test"
Go to Previous message: J Kelly: "Re: The End of Analog TV"
May be in reply to: NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO: "Spam Mentioning "242 W. 36th St""