TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites

Re: AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites

jmeissen@aracnet.com
21 Apr 2005 23:24:00 GMT

In article <telecom24.176.7@telecom-digest.org>, Ed Clarke
<clarke@cilia.org> wrote:

> On 2005-04-20, mc <mc_no_spam@uga.edu> wrote:

>> In my opinion, all browsers should block or warn about references of the
>> form:

>> where yyyyy is a URL that does not match xxxxx.
>> Simple - why don't they do it?

> Virtual hosts. I have half a dozen websites on a single IP; costs my
> customers less for web hosting. The only time it makes a difference
> is for vanity -- reverse host maps to forward host -- or for SSL. >

He wasn't talking about matching IP addresses. He was talking about
HTML link tags where the reference in the tag doesn't match the text
associated with the tag.

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: CNID Printouts on Cell Bills, was: SprintPCS Lousy Web"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: New Technology Poses 911 Peril VOIP Not Part of Emergency"
May be in reply to: T. Sean Weintz: "AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites"