TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites

Re: AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites

Ed Clarke (clarke@cilia.org)
21 Apr 2005 11:01:50 GMT

On 2005-04-20, mc <mc_no_spam@uga.edu> wrote:

> In my opinion, all browsers should block or warn about references of the
> form:

> where yyyyy is a URL that does not match xxxxx.
> Simple - why don't they do it?

Virtual hosts. I have half a dozen websites on a single IP; costs my
customers less for web hosting. The only time it makes a difference
is for vanity -- reverse host maps to forward host -- or for SSL.

This signature left blank.

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: New Technology Poses 911 Peril VOIP Not Part of Emergency"
Go to Previous message: dee4darek@gmail.com: "TC 35 Modules and 2N Gateways"
May be in reply to: T. Sean Weintz: "AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites"