TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse

Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse

mc (mc_no_spam@uga.edu)
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:06:12 -0400

> And telegraph operators can spell also. No silly abbreviations.

U R SO RITE ! :)

Seriously ... my high-school daughter tells me there is now a
substantial problem with youngsters who supposedly can *only* write in
text-message abbreviations or "l33tsp33k" and have developed some kind
of mental block against producing plain English. She, a skilled
writer, is annoyed with them, of course.

Accompaying this is an inability to think about language. At one
point she was trying to refer to the band "U2" but her interlocutor
(in a chat room) could only see "U2" as "you too" and communication
failed.

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Last Laugh! Passenger Found Dead Hour After Plane Lands"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse"
May be in reply to: Colin: "Texting is Slower Than Morse"