TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?

Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?

GlowingBlueMist (nobody@invalid.com)
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:55:47 -0500

<curious@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I just got a 900 MHz DSS cordless phone, and I had the perfect spot
> for it, right on top of my tower computer case. But then I noticed
> that the manual says that the base unit must be placed away from all
> electronic equipment, including PCs, stereos, TVs, and microwaves.
> What is the reasoning for this? Could the magnetic fields generated
> by the speakers in the phone cause any problems?

Usually the problem is nothing more than radio frequency
interferrence. Much like you get if you take a portable radio and get
it too close to your computer or monitor.

I have run into some cases where routers or even computers rebooted
when a portable phone transmitter is placed too close to them due to
the RFI.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
Go to Previous message: Dale Showers: "Cellular Phone Harassment from '555-555-1212'"
May be in reply to: Alan Burkitt-Gray: "Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"