TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: VoIP Adapter With High REN?

VoIP Adapter With High REN?

Thor Lancelot Simon (tls@panix.com)
7 Apr 2005 15:20:37 -0400

I am trying to switch two of three phone lines in a very large, very
old house over to VoIP. The house has quite literally twenty
extensions split between the three lines -- I think I need at least 4
or 5 REN per line, plus the ability to drive all the wire leading to
those handsets (over 100' in some cases) without exploding the audio
output circuit in the ATA.

Does anyone make equipment meant for this that I can use with a
mainstream VoIP provider? It's been suggested to me that Packet8
might be my best chance since they build their own gear but I don't
see anything suitable on their web site.

I am basically looking for a Cisco ATA-186 (including the 2-line
capability) on steroids.

Thor Lancelot Simon tls@rek.tjls.com

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is
to be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky

Go to Next message: HarryHydro: "Telemarketing to Cellphones"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "Great Post For Someone Thinking About VoIP"
May be reply: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?"
May be reply: Kenneth P. Stox: "Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page