TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?

Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:32:14 -0400

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I am trying to switch two of three phone lines in a very large, very
> old house over to VoIP. The house has quite literally twenty
> extensions split between the three lines -- I think I need at least 4
> or 5 REN per line, plus the ability to drive all the wire leading to
> those handsets (over 100' in some cases) without exploding the audio
> output circuit in the ATA.

The Linksys PAP2 supports 5 REN and seems pretty robust for such a small
unit. The PAP2-NA version can be purchased separately and used on any
VoIP provider that allows outside equipment, or you can get a
Vonage-locked version at retail stores for around $50, usually free
after mail-in rebate.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "More Spam! We Reach the 80 Percent Mark Here!"
Go to Previous message: eljainc@ameritech.net: "Re: Question on Caller ID on Panasonic KX-TA624"
May be in reply to: Thor Lancelot Simon: "VoIP Adapter With High REN?"