TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: OT/Tangent (was Re: We Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing)

Re: OT/Tangent (was Re: We Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing)

Paul A Lee (palee@riteaid.com)
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:49:22 -0500

In TELECOM Digest V24 #133, henry999@eircom.net (Henry) wrote (in part):

> Greetings. With his title 'We Don't Need no Steenkin Line
> Sharing', Danny Burstein is of course playing on the popular
> quote 'We Don't Need no Steenkin Badges'. This line is
> supposedly from the classic Bogart film _The Treasure of the
> Sierra Madre_ -- but it's not. Or, not quite.

> I watched this picture on video a year or so ago, and when the
> steenkin badges scene came I stopped the tape and carefully
> transcribed the dialogue. Here is what they really said.

> Fred C. Dobbs: If you're the police, where are your badges?

> Bandito leader: Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need
> no badges! I don't have to show you any steenkin badges!

The actual "Badges? We don't need no steenking badges!" line came from
Mel Brooks' classic, "Blazing Saddles", and was perhaps an homage to
the "Sierra Madre" dialog.

As Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman) interviewed and "deputized" an array of
villains, he offered deputy's badges to a group of
stereotypical Mexican banditos. The bandito leader's response was,
"Badges...!? We don' need no steenking badges! manos!"

Paul A Lee Sr Telecom Engineer <palee@riteaid.com>
Rite Aid Corporation HL-IS-COM (Telecomm) V: +1 717 730-8355
30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011-2410 F: +1 717 975-3789
P.O. Box 3165, Harrisburg, PA 17105-3165 W: +1 717 805-6208

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"
Go to Previous message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: What Happened To Channel 1"
May be in reply to: Henry: "OT/Tangent (was Re: We Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page