TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: My First Post

My First Post

Neal McLain (nmclain@annsgarden.com)
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:15:44 EST

As of this year, I've been a reader and intermittent contributor to
this list for ten years. I guess I'm still a newbie compared to many
of the other readers, but I've learned a lot from this list during the
past decade. Thanks to all of you readers for the information you've
contributed, and a special thanks to PAT for his efforts!

My first post, dated March 24, 1995, is at http://tinyurl.com/6ar7l.
In re-reading it now, I find it interesting to note how things have
changed -- especially my statement that "an area code and a central
office code can't be the same." I guess 847-847-XXXX proves that
wrong, even though it may be confusing to non-Chicagoans.

Neal McLain

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: As long as I am digging up old postings
for today's issue, I decided to get yours out and review it also. It
is reprinted below. And thank you also, Neal, for your many
contributions over the years. You have been a good friend over the
past decade also. Your kind words very much appreciated.