TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: New Long Range Cordless Phones

New Long Range Cordless Phones

Michael Quinn (quinnm@bah.com)
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:10:07 -0500

Dave,

I'm pretty sure these are illegal in the US&P(ossessions). One of the
issues was interference with Air Traffic Control communications
systems, as I recall. Someone on the list may be able to cite chapter
and verse from US Code, or FCC regs. I may have saved a Navy
Department spectrum management brief on the subject; if so, I'll
forward off net.

Regards,

Mike

From: Dave <newsgroups@dave!!!christense!!n.o!!!r!!!g>
Subject: New Long Range Cordless Phones?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:46:17 -0900

I saw a link earlier for this on Slash Dot. Its a cordless phone that
supposedly works 100km from the base station (under ideal conditions).

http://www.goodbyelongdistance.com/catalog/item/1441280/975984.htm

Other then the obvious potential for grief from the FCC, anyone else
have any thoughts?

I found a link to the Navy brief of which I was thinking, from about
three years ago.

Mike

http://www.see.asso.fr/ICTSR1Newsletter/No007/LONG%20DISTANCES%20Garmisc
h.pdf

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?"
Go to Previous message: marcsanders2003@yahoo.com: "Intertel Eclipse Telephone Programming"
May be reply: John Bartley: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones"
May be reply: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page