TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Ohio Law Would Require Auction License for eBay Sellers

Re: Ohio Law Would Require Auction License for eBay Sellers

Gene S. Berkowitz (first.last@comcast.net)
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:20:53 -0500

kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net says:

> In article <telecom24.101.4@telecom-digest.org>, lisa_minter2001
> @yahoo.com says:

>> CNN, via Yahoo News on Tuesday reports that the State of Ohio has
>> become very unfriendly toward online sellers using E-Bay.
>> According to CNN-Money, State of Ohio now requires an auction license
>> of people who want to sell on E-Bay, as well as a one-year training
>> class required of sellers _and_ a fifty thousand dollar security
>> bond. The auction license costs two hundred dollars. If you fail to
>> do these things, they have some jail time waiting for you. Their
>> excuse is they want to 'cut back on internet fraud using E-Bay'.

>> http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/07/technology/ohio_ebay/index.htm

> Tax revenue. That's what every state is about.

> On a related note -- a couple years ago I get notice from the state of
> RI that I never filed my 1990 taxes and owe them $1,300 between fines,
> etc. So the past few years they snatched my refunds.

> This year I decided I want receipts from this point forward, and I'll
> keep my tax records for more than three years so I can prove I filed.
> Turns out the RI Division of Taxation won't give a receipt. I got the
> woman to stamp my copy with their "RECEIVED - RI DIV TAX" verbiage
> with the date and all.

> Hopefully the state will lose one more of my returns -- then I can
> bring the receipted version to the news hounds and watch as the sparks
> fly.

Haven't you ever heard of Certified Mail / Return Receipt? I have
signed, stamped return post cards for every Fed & State return since I
started filing.

--Gene

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Why Pay to be an Identity Thief? CMU Will Show You How"
Go to Previous message: Patrick Townson: "A Decade of Disappointment - Part II"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Ohio Law Would Require Auction License for eBay Sellers"