TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage

Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:48:37 -0500

In article <telecom24.101.10@telecom-digest.org>, Tim@Backhome.org
says:

> Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

>> In article <telecom24.99.4@telecom-digest.org>, Danny Burstein

>> Unfortunately, the actualy duration of the problem was several hours;
>> Vonage is, quite simply, lying. And the problem recurred on two
>> successive days.

> No doubt about it. It caused major problems for me.

>> If Vonage were a regulated entity -- which it's gone to great lengths
>> to not be -- there would be significant penalties not just for this
>> sort of service failure (note that Vonage hasn't exactly contacted its
>> customers and offered to refund any of their money for the time that
>> their phones were out of service) -- but also for lying about it.

> What this proves is that Vonage is simply not a viable replacement for
> wireline service. I've been a Vonage user from the beginning,
> suffering through echos and quality issues for the first several
> months.

> I figured it was all worth it for the unlimited, inexpensive "out
> WATS." But, now that SBC offers unlimited nation-wide toll for a
> competitive price, it makes me think about using only my wireline
> (which I never got rid of). The only advantage Vonage offers today
> are virtual numbers.

I'd like to know what part of $88 you consider reasonable. That's what
Verizon was getting from me for unlimited national/local.

Go to Next message: Ed Clarke: "Re: Hackers Deface Christian Family Group Web Site"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: New Monopoly in Dept Stores; Federated and May to Merge"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage"