TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: A Silly Question - 2-Line Phone With One Phone Number?

Re: A Silly Question - 2-Line Phone With One Phone Number?

John Smith (user@example.net)
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:28:52 GMT

Boat wrote:

> I do have call waiting. Are you saying that if I have call waiting then I
> have two lines, therefore if I got a 2-line phone I would be able to use
> both lines at the same time? Still confused ...

No, if you have call waiting and one line, you still only have one line.

You can't use the second line of a two-line phone unless you have a
second line to hook it to. But you can still use the two-line phone.
It's just that line two will be dead.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Which gets us back around to where we
were before on what to do with that second pair, whatever color it
turns out to be. Your non-telco choices are a _properly wired_ VOIP
arrangement, a cell phone using a cell-socket arrangement (again, if
properly wired), and god forbid, even a pair brought up from your
local teleco central office if that's the way you wish to go. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "New Jersey on Child Porn Crusade (Lisa Minter)"
Go to Previous message: Henry: "Re: A New Radio Station For Our Town"
May be in reply to: Boat: "A Silly Question - 2-Line Phone With One Phone Number?"