TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Packet8 Problems Dialing Austria

Re: Packet8 Problems Dialing Austria

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:07:24 GMT

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:53:41 +0000, Dave Rasmussen wrote:

> I purchased Packet8 from Compusa a couple weeks ago and have been
> trying to call an aunt in Klagenfurt Austria but I never get through,
> which I can on my pots line. Packet8 seems overwhelmed to get back to
> me so I figured I would ask anyone out there in netland using their
> service how it has been working for them.

You didn't try to dial the international access code first, did you?
Packet8 takes the first digits as being the country code, including 1,
so US calls seem fairly normal. I have had no problems dialing
Dresden, Germany, but have not tried Austria. To call Austria you
would dial 43.

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Vonage Complaining of VOIP Blocking"
Go to Previous message: Charles Cryderman: "Verizon Plans to Offer "Naked DSL" on 4/5 of its Wirelines"
May be in reply to: Dave Rasmussen: "Packet8 Problems Dialing Austria"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page