TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates)

Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates)

Rob (rob51166@yahoo.com)
4 Feb 2005 14:15:00 -0800

BobT wrote:

> Well, we recently got a Philips 30 inch LCD HDTV, at BestBuy in
> Chicago, which is NTSC/PAL. I suppose the greymarket label may apply
> to it, but it wasn't the only one they were selling with this
> capability. It was made in the EU, which is unusual in these days of
> everything coming from China. The NTSC tuner also works fine in it,
> although we rarely use it, since the OTA STB we use incorporates both
> ATSC and NTSC.

It's more than likely that because it was made in Europe it is both PAL
and NTSC.

Rob
South Wales, UK

Go to Next message: Carl Moore: "Re: 1+Ten-Digits Mandatory in NYCity"
Go to Previous message: dexter3: "Phone Service Codes, AIM Messaging, etc."
TELECOM Digest: Home Page