TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: New SBC Yellow Pages

New SBC Yellow Pages

Linc Madison (lincmad@suespammers.org)
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:08:40 -0800

I just got my copy of the brand new SBC yellow pages for San Francisco.

Why is that even newsworthy? Well, perhaps because the "old" one came
out in December 2004.

They've completely changed the physical format. The new book has much
smaller pages, about 7.5 x 9 inches. The old one is the more
traditional size, around 9.5 x 11 inches. They both have cover dates of
December 2004, and are approximately the same thickness (~ 1.6").

I s'pose they save about 1/3 on paper and ink costs, as well as
shipping. I wonder if this is the beginning of a trend.

Two or three years ago, I believe it was, SBC committed the serious
gaffe of misspelling the name of one of the suburbs listed on the
directory cover: DAILY City instead of DALY City.

Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
<http://www.LincMad.com> * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
All U.S. and California anti-spam laws apply, incl. CA BPC 17538.45(c)
This text constitutes actual notice as required in BPC 17538.45(f)(3).
DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.

Go to Next message: Rob: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates and"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "EFFector 18.3: Supreme Court Date Set for Grokster"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: New SBC Yellow Pages"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: New SBC Yellow Pages"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page