TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Patrick Townsend, Food/Restaurant Critic

Re: Last Laugh! Patrick Townsend, Food/Restaurant Critic

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
28 Jan 2005 07:24:41 -0800

Patrick Townson wrote:

> One of my favorite actor/comedians was John Ritter, who passed away
> about a year ago at a relatively young age. My favorite role of
> Mr. Ritter was in his role as 'Jack Tripper' in the 1980's comedy
> called "Three's Company".

Don't forget his last role on "8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage
Daughter", in which he played an overprotective father of two teenage
girls (based on a cute book.) The show continues, and did an
wonderful job dealing with his death. It stopped production for a
while, then resumed with some mostly serious episodes of the family
mourning him, then the family gradually moved on to live their lives.
The show is now on 8pm ET on ABC and it's fun to watch.

> Stouffer's restaurant ...

What happened to Stouffer's restaurants? They had a few in
Philadelphia. In Ohio, they had some country clubs/hotels. Today,
there is a nice line of frozen dinners under their label.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I do not know what happened to
Stouffer's. They were big in the hospitality business for a while, and
were based out of the Cleveland, Ohio area and had two very delightful
(although sinfully expensive, but nice) restaurants in Chicago. They
also issued their own credit cards for many years; sign for your
dinner and drinks, pay the bill a month later, or use their credit
cards at their country clubs/hotels. In Chicago, in addition to
'Top of the Rock' at the Prudential Building (at one point the tallest
building in Chicago) two blocks west (also on Randolph Street at
Wabash Avenue) they also had a place, simply called 'Stouffers' back
in the 1960's and early 1970's. I stopped at the Randolph/Wabash place
to eat dinner at least once per week in those days, and was always
served by a British lady named 'Cecilia' who was a waitress there. PAT]

Go to Next message: Angus TeleManagement: "Telecom Update (Canada) #466, January 28, 2005"
Go to Previous message: Ted Klugman: "Re: What is an AT&T RTSLS?"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Last Laugh! Patrick Townsend, Food/Restaurant Critic"