TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective

Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective

Thomas A. Horsley (tom.horsley@att.net)
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:38:20 GMT

> I tested the programs on a Windows XP computer I borrowed from my
> wife's cousin. The 3-year-old PC, a Gateway running Windows XP Home
> Edition, was basically unusable.

I wonder how he tested it? I accepted the windows update download of
it, but none of the instructions mention the name of the program, and
it doesn't show up in any menus that I've found, so somewhere on my
computer there is a program installed by update that might be useful
if I knew where it was and how to run it :-).

I followed the update link to the knowledge base description, and the
entire KB article simply refers to it as "this program" -- no mention
of the actual name.

I love Microsoft -- they are such a source of un-intentional humor :-).

--
>>==>> The *Best* political site <URL:http://www.vote-smart.org/> >>==+
      email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL      |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Radar Detectors"
Go to Previous message: Al Gillis: "Re: 800 Number or 10-10"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective"