TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 800 Number or 10-10

Re: 800 Number or 10-10

Al Gillis (alg@aracnet.com)
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:38:08 -0800

What is it about Toll-Free that makes it less susceptible to greater
discounts than outbound long distance?

For example, I'm paying under 1.9 cents per minute for outbound
domestic LD calls but my toll-free is at about 4 cents (with both call
types riding the same PRIs to the same supplier)

Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message

> Matt wrote:

>> No I'm talking for about for around 30,000 - 40,000 minutes a month;
>> our current phone company is charging us around 4.5-5cents a minute.

> I don't think many places are going to give you 2 cents/minute or
> below, and if one does, they must be a terribly cut rate, fly-by-night
> operation. Even VoIP companies are charging in the 3.9 cent range.

> E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
> Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I think the main reason for the
difference in cost is the billing process. The call cannot be billed
in the normal way to the calling phone, but has to be billed in
reverse back to the recieving party. That 'special billing' or
'special handling' allegedly costs more money than 'regular' billing.
PAT]

Go to Next message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective"
Go to Previous message: helosix: "Re: Phone Number? (200) 222 0000"
May be in reply to: Matt: "800 Number or 10-10"