TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 800 Number or 10-10

Re: 800 Number or 10-10

John R. Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
19 Jan 2005 23:49:49 -0500

> Does anyone know of any reputable company or way that I can get a cheap
> 800 number (like below 2cents/minute).

Sure. Call up any long distance company, promise them 20,000 minutes
of traffic a month, and tell them to terminate it on your T1.

Oh, you mean like for 20 minutes a month? Forget it. 800 rates are
the same as dial-1 rates, bottoming out around 3 cents.

> Also ... how does one go about getting a 10-10 number like 10-10-987
> for offering long distance services?

NANPA assigns them, but first you have to set up a long distance
carrier.

Regards,

John Levine johnl@iecc.com Primary Perpetrator of The Internet for Dummies,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

Go to Next message: Lee: "Do Any VOIP Carriers Encrypt Now?"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Cheaper Long Distance Carriers ... What About The Fees??"
May be in reply to: Matt: "800 Number or 10-10"