TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Don't Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile

Re: Don't Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile

Linc Madison (lincmad@suespammers.org)
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:18:54 -0800

In article <telecom24.19.4@telecom-digest.org>, Marcus Didius Falco
<falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

[quoting an article from telegraph.co.uk]

> Children under the age of nine should not use mobile phones because
> of potential health risks, the Government's leading adviser on
> radiation said yesterday.

> Sir William said: "My advice is that [young children] should not have
> [mobile phones] because children's skulls are not fully thickened,
> their nervous systems are not fully developed and the radiation
> penetrates further into their brains. ... There is still no hard
> evidence tha the health of the public has been adversely affected by
> the use of mobile phone technology. However, we cannot put our hands
> on our hearts and say that mobile phones are safe."

About the only sensible thing he said is "there is still no hard
evidence that the health of the public has been adversely affected by
the use of mobile phone technology."

The risk of adverse effects from using a cellphone seems to be
substantially below the risk of winning the lottery. Not quite
actually zero, but pretty damned low.

However, if you're still concerned about the effect of all that
radiation from your cellphone frying your brain, there's an incredibly
simple solution:

BUY A HANDS-FREE KIT.

Yup, the simple act of moving the antenna away from your skull causes
the radiation level in your brain to drop by ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE.
Besides that, you have the added benefit of appearing to be a paranoid
schizophrenic if people see you walking down the street, apparently
talking to your invisible friends.

Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
<http://www.LincMad.com> * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
All U.S. and California anti-spam laws apply, incl. CA BPC 17538.45(c)
This text constitutes actual notice as required in BPC 17538.45(f)(3).
DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Cheaper Long Distance Carriers ... What About The Fees??"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Wal-Mart Stung in $1.5 Million Bar-Code Scam"
May be in reply to: Marcus Didius Falco: "Don't Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile"