TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: More on Verizon Blocks European Email by Default

Re: More on Verizon Blocks European Email by Default

jmeissen@aracnet.com
18 Jan 2005 23:43:25 GMT

In article <telecom24.23.5@telecom-digest.org>, Marcus Didius Falco
<falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> * From Dave Farber's list

This has nothing to do with Verizon's user's ability to access the
Internet. This has to do with outside parties' ability to send email
to Verizon's users.

Maybe this is a good thing. If service providers in Europe find that
they can't communicate with the rest of the world maybe there will be
some incentive to stop spammers.

I've heard that studies show a majority of spam comes from the US, but
most of what I see comes from Italy, France, Korea, Taiwan, etc. My mail
server blocks entire countries, especially Russia. But then, I know that
there is no legitimate email from those places for my domain.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "FBI Retires Controversial E-Mail Surveillance Tool"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Moved But Want to Keep Phone Number"
May be in reply to: Marcus Didius Falco: "More on Verizon Blocks European Email by Default"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page