TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time

Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time

Koos van den Hout (koos+newsposting@kzdoos.xs4all.nl)
18 Jan 2005 16:32:06 GMT

I am from the Netherlands, our tarrifs apply to what I write.

Paul Coxwell <paulcoxwell@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> And pay extra they do: On most regular BT plans the cost for calling a
> cellphone is *much* greater than for a regular long-distance call.

Calling a gsm from a landline can be more expensive than an
international call within Europe. But ...

> I'm sure that everybody in the U.K. will know of people who when given
> an 07xx niumber will retort with something like "I'm not paying to
> call that! Give me a real number!"

It is totally accepted to give a mobile number. I had to fill in a
number of forms recently with my 'home / evening' and 'work / daytime'
number. I never give my real at-work number, I give the mobile
number. Nobody ever complains about it.

Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos@kzdoos.xs4all.nl or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?)
Fax +31-30-2817051 Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access /\\
http://idefix.net/~koos/ at campsites http://www.camp-wireless.org/ _\_V

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Pomp and Improper Circumstance"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"