TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: REN For Western Electric Products?

Re: REN For Western Electric Products?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
11 Jan 2005 19:53:27 -0800

Rick Merrill wrote:

> I will dispute that suggestion because the Princess phones I have
> seen have a REN of 0.1B; every phone must be labeled, so read the
> label!

Only phones sold by the phone company after divesture were labeled.
Phones in service in place that were bought by consumers at the time
(as a great many were) weren't labeled. Also, I very much doubt the
phoneco sold older phones in their stores.

As to Princess phones, I'm surprised their REN is only a tenth of a
500 set. Are you referring to Western Electric sets with a bell
ringer (not a tone ringer)? I could see it being slightly lower, like
0.8, but 0.1 seems awfully low.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, back in the middle/late
1980's when phone stores were commonplace, they *leased* and sold the
older Western Electric sets as well as the newer stuff. PAT]

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Equipment Review: PBXtra Line Sharing Device"
Go to Previous message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "REN For Western Electric Products?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page