TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee

Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:21:08 -0500

lederman@star.enet.dec.DISABLE-JUNK-EMAIL.com (Bart Z. Lederman)
wrote:

> In article <telecom24.13.3@telecom-digest.org>, Jack Decker writes:

>> What next, you go to the supermarket for a gallon of milk and at the
>> register they tack on a "milk marketing fee" to the price to cover the
>> "Got Milk?" ads?

> Actually, you are doing that already. Go to your favorite search
> engine and look up "checkoffs" as they apply to U.S. agriculture.

> Of course, your payment to support the advertising campaign is buried
> in the cost of the milk, because it's the farmer that has to pay it.
> But you're paying for advertising many of the products you buy. Beef,
> pork, and dairy products are probably the biggest offenders, but I'm
> sure there are others.

This would only be analogous if the price advertised in newspaper ads
from the supermarket didn't include the checkoff fees.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: REN For Western Electric Products?"
Go to Previous message: Linc Madison: "Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee"
May be in reply to: (no name): "Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee"