TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lingo to Charge Taxes in February - What's Up With That?

Re: Lingo to Charge Taxes in February - What's Up With That?

Rick Merrill (RM@THROW.net)
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:25:49 -0500

Ted Koppel wrote:

> Received from Lingo/Primus' customer service today in email. So
> much for "no taxes on VOIP". ... your Lingo service will be subject
> a 3% Federal Telecommunications Excise Tax ...

My WAG is that the service INSIDE the IP network (internet) is free
and the monthly charge is for interconnecting to the outside telephone
network, therefore it gets a federal tax (but NOT a state tax!). - RM

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee"
Go to Previous message: Bart Z. Lederman: "Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee"
May be in reply to: Ted Koppel: "Lingo to Charge Taxes in February - What's Up With That?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page