TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee

Re: Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee

Bart Z. Lederman (lederman@star.enet.dec.DISABLE-JUNK-EMAIL.com)
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:37:10 GMT

In article <telecom24.13.3@telecom-digest.org>, Jack Decker writes:

> What next, you go to the supermarket for a gallon of milk and at the
> register they tack on a "milk marketing fee" to the price to cover the
> "Got Milk?" ads?

Actually, you are doing that already. Go to your favorite search
engine and look up "checkoffs" as they apply to U.S. agriculture.

Of course, your payment to support the advertising campaign is buried
in the cost of the milk, because it's the farmer that has to pay it.
But you're paying for advertising many of the products you buy. Beef,
pork, and dairy products are probably the biggest offenders, but I'm
sure there are others.

I don't disagree with your complaint about telecommunications
companies tacking on fees to disguise the true cost of their service.
We've all seen many of them documented here. But I now have doubts
that the government is going to do anything about it.

B. Z. Lederman Personal Opinions Only

Posting to a News group does NOT give anyone permission to send me
advertising by E-mail or put me on a mailing list of any kind.

Please remove the "DISABLE-JUNK-EMAIL" if you have a
legitimate reason to E-mail a response to this post.

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Lingo to Charge Taxes in February - What's Up With That?"
Go to Previous message: (no name): "Comcast Broadens Offerings With Net-Based Phone Service"
May be in reply to: (no name): "Another VoIP Company Adds Bogus Fee"