TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Place the Blame on Me

Re: Place the Blame on Me

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:36:09 -0500

In article <telecom24.9.5@telecom-digest.org>, lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com
says:

> The 'Unfortunate Accident' Patrick mentione at the start of this
> issue was all my fault. He said it was his fault, but in fact, I
> was sitting here when it happened. I pressed the wrong keys, all
> the mail went bye-bye (but tons of spam as well) and before it
> could get stopped a lot of his main directory was gone as well. I
> feel like a damn fool because of it and want to apologize to
> everyone whose mail got lost today. Please send your mail in again
> so it can be printed over the weekend.

> Lisa

Mmmm ... someone didn't turn journaling on and then did an rm -r huh?

One of my better screwups on a Linux server was to mv root and
everything under it to my home directory. Ooops!

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Regards the Unix 'rm' command, I have
'rm' aliased to 'rm -i', but then if there are a dozen files in some
obsolete directory I wish to erase in bulk with 'rm -f' I get in
trouble. I have been told before it is not a good idea to use an
established Unix command as part of an alias to something else. Friday
was a nightmare for me, and it wasn't even the 13th of the month. PAT]

Go to Next message: Joe Blow: "Re: AT&T and CallVantage Put Me Through Hell"
Go to Previous message: Fred Goldstein: "Re: The Day the Bell System Died"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Place the Blame on Me"