TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: USTA Sends Strange Letter to Wal-Mart

Re: USTA Sends Strange Letter to Wal-Mart

Mark Atwood (mark@atwood.name)
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:49:21 GMT

John Levine <johnl@iecc.com> writes:

>> I also hope that access charge regime gets fixed soon. At least then
>> VoIP proponents will develop truly new features rather than just
>> being an arbitrage player.

> Completely agreed. If VoIP is so great, it should be able to support
> the same obligations as real telephony such as 911 and USF.

Should email have similar "obligations"?

So long as I know what I'm getting, I am perfectly happy paying
for my "fake telephony".

And, VoIP or no, the USF should be elimated. Now. Immediately.
Yesterday, if possible.

Mark Atwood | When you do things right, people won't be sure
mark@atwood.name | you've done anything at all.
http://mark.atwood.name/ http://www.livejournal.com/users/fallenpegasus

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: My High Hopes About Google Ads"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: What Tandem in Telcom Means?"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "USTA Sends Strange Letter to Wal-Mart"