TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement

Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:55:24 -0800

BobGoudreau@withheld on request wrote:

> Apparently not all of us do. In particular, it has been a few years
> since Kroger has been "by far the largest grocery company in the country".

> Kroger is now a distant second to Wal-Mart's grocery business. See
> http://www.progressivegrocer.com/progressivegrocer/images/pdf/pg-top-50-2004pdf=

Point noted -- would it be more accurate to say "largest grocery
company that doesn't operate huge big-box retail superstores?" As far
as I know, Kroger stores are still grocery stores, not Wal-mart style
stores. Our local Ralphs has some miscellaneous supplies -- pharmacy
items, everyday needs like diapers, etc., but if I want to buy my boy
a new bike, or get a 32" television, or I need a new battery for my
car, I'm not going to Ralphs.

Wal*Mart superstores aren't just groceries.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: For groceries, I find that Marvin's
suits me very well, and its right downtown which makes it very conven-
ient to walk to and from. That is, if it was not so cold outside
today. (In the mid-teens all day today and yesterday.) PAT]

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Cromwell vrs. Sprint Settlement"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page