TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement

Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement

Wesrock@aol.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:06:01 EST

In a message datedWed, 22 Dec 2004 12:25:08 -0500,
BobGoudreau@withheld on request writes:

> Steve Sobol wrote:

>> Safeway, Kroger and Federated are all huge companies with lots of
>> buying power -- Kroger, in particular, is by far the largest grocery
>> company in the country, if not in the world.

>> And we all know how big Wal*Mart is=2E

> Apparently not all of us do. In particular, it has been a few years
> since Kroger has been "by far the largest grocery company in the country".

> Kroger is now a distant second to Wal-Mart's grocery business. See
> http://www.progressivegrocer.com/progressivegrocer/images/pdf/pg-top-50-2004p

> Bob Goudreau
> Cary, NC

A recent survey of retail grocers in Oklahoma showed Wal-Mart
Supercenters and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets were in first and
second place, I forget which was which.

Albertson's was third. There are no Kroger stores in Oklahoma.

What is the "Federated" some have mentioned in connection with
Albertson's? The corporate name is Albertson's and they are based in
Boise, Idaho.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: There is a chain of stores called
'Federated Department Stores'. I do not recall ever being in one
of them. PAT]

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement"
Go to Previous message: Rob Slade: "Book Review: "Network Security Hacks", Andrew Lockart"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page