TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring

Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:28:28 -0500

In article <telecom23.584.8@telecom-digest.org>, rlangly@gmail.com
says:

> Hi all,

> I'm a subscriber of Packet8, and on their VoIP box it says not to
> connect it to the home wiring in my home. I'm assuming they get folks
> who connect it without unplugging the Ma Bell line and this blows the
> box. If I disconnect the outside lines (no voltage on phonelines) is
> there any reason not to connect the VoIP box to make all my phones
> hot? I only have three phones throughout the house, and I've been
> told such a box like this should put out enough voltage to carry such
> a load. Just curious -- Thanks,

> Ringo

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: As long as you *disconnect everything*
> pertaining to Bell first, you should be okay. PAT]

Just disconnect and clip the little RJ11 plug at the NID. Tag it as
private circuit, do not touch under penalty of law.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Lycos Pulls Anti-Spam 'Vigilante' Campaign"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: For $999, a Lifetime of Internet Phone Calls"
May be in reply to: Ringo Langly: "Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"