TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring

Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring

Ringo Langly (rlangly@gmail.com)
7 Dec 2004 11:24:11 -0800

Hi all,

I'm a subscriber of Packet8, and on their VoIP box it says not to
connect it to the home wiring in my home. I'm assuming they get folks
who connect it without unplugging the Ma Bell line and this blows the
box. If I disconnect the outside lines (no voltage on phonelines) is
there any reason not to connect the VoIP box to make all my phones
hot? I only have three phones throughout the house, and I've been
told such a box like this should put out enough voltage to carry such
a load. Just curious -- Thanks,

Ringo

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: As long as you *disconnect everything*
pertaining to Bell first, you should be okay. PAT]

Go to Next message: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Countering the "Lingo Sucks" Thread"
Go to Previous message: goykhmanster@gmail.com: "Free Month of Vonage + Gmail Invite"
May be reply: Ringo Langly: "Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"
May be reply: Rick Merrill: "Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"
May be reply: Ringo Langly: "Re: Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page