TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Will Radar Detectors be Regulated Out of Existence?

Re: Will Radar Detectors be Regulated Out of Existence?

Rick Merrill (RickMerrill@comTHROWcast.net)
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:27:38 GMT

Bitu wrote:

> RADAR DETECTORS WILL BE BANNED SOONER THAN WE WOULD LIKE. Anyways it
> does not matter. Radar detectors do not protect you against speed
> cameras, red light cameras or automated traffic enforcement equipment.
> Police officer operated speed traps are being replaced by cameras at
> an alarming rate.

> If is as advertised this product called PHOTO BLOCKER SPRAY is our
> salvation. They claim that it was tested by the media on their website
> www.phantomplate.com On the videos it shows the police saying that it
> really works by making your license plate invisible to traffic
> cameras. Can anybody tell me if this is true? www.photoblocker.com
> please let me know what you think.

The spray wears off quickly, but when fresh it creates a reflection
that (generally) obscures the camera. The counter to this is to use
flashless cameras. It's a back and forth battle.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: We talked about this very subject here
> in the Digest a couple months ago. Perhaps some of the partipants in
> that conversation will tell you what our group consensus was regards
> the images the police use. PAT]

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Lycos Pulls Anti-Spam 'Vigilante' Campaign"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page