TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Trial Shows How Spammers Operate

Re: Trial Shows How Spammers Operate

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:27:20 -0500

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Right, these addresses are not in the same space, and they have
> different rDNS. Otherwise, DNSBLs which listed all dynamic space
> would be listing them as well.

Um, they ARE in the same space, and most DNSBLs that claim to list
Comcast dynamic space DO list them, much to my frustration.

> Part of the problem is that ISPs don't use any uniform naming system
> for addresses, so it can sometimes be a real adventure to figure out
> what a given address is until you figure out their naming scheme. And
> there are some out there that don't set any rDNS at all, too.

> --scott

*Never* rely on rdns unless it's your own.

Go to Next message: Patrick Townson: "Spam Gets Religion"
Go to Previous message: Tom Niesen: "Re: Data Communication Versus Telecommunications"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Trial Shows How Spammers Operate"