TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Routing Problems To the Cayman Islands

Re: Routing Problems To the Cayman Islands

Budwich (budwich@noshrogers.com)
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:56:24 -0500

Let me understand this ... you test calls from a "all tier 1" carrier
coming in and there is no problem. AND they are "officially" the only
carriers allowed in (have either direct trunking / connections in or
coming thru a "gateway"). "Other" carriers ("non-official") that are
coming thru (have to be coming thru some gateway since you wouldn't
have direct groups to someone who isn't official ... right???) are
having problems. Why is this your problem? Is it not a gateway
issue? Sound "interesting" ... especially the "test numbers" ...:-)
good luck but I would go back to the gateway.

Paul Barnes <Paul_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> Hi All:

> I work for Cable and Wireless in the Caribbean, and we have received
> several complaints that in the past 3-4 weeks, that persons in many
> parts of the world (including the US and Canada) who try to call
> cellphone NXX codes in the Cayman Islands have been experiencing
> difficulties.

> Some of the experiences received when placing the calls are dead
> air, fast busies, reorder tones, pretty much everything else besides
> a completed call. Note that the cellular infrastructure is back on
> its feet after the passage of Hurricane Ivan in September, RF
> problems are not contributing to this issue.

> We have arranged for test calls to be made to the Cayman cellphone
> NXX ranges from all of the major Tier 1 international carriers with
> whom C&W has agreements to bring traffic into the region: ATT,
> IDT, MCI, Sprint, BT, Teleglobe and CWC. All of these test calls
> were successful. We think that these problems may have resulted
> from some least-cost routing arrangement that a tier 2 or 3
> carrier is engaged in. C&W has no direct relationships with any
> such carriers. I was hoping that someone in the group might be
> able to offer some advice on how we could proceed to get some help
> in fixing this routing problem. I have listed below some test
> Cayman cellular numbers, if any one in the group would be so good
> as to dial these numbers and let me know if they were successful in
> reach the party in Cayman, I would appreciate it.

> Cayman Islands NPA, 345 (part of the North American Numbering plan)

> Test numbers: 345 516 0810
> 345 525 0006
> 345 916 2850
> 345 914 0303

> Thanks in advance for any feedback, advice, ideas, etc. Regards,
> Paul Barnes Manager, Technology & Operations Cable & Wireless
> Carrier Services Tel: 246-292-1297 Email: paul.r.barnes@cw.com

Go to Next message: A Friend : "Last Laugh! The Collected Wisdom of Dubya Bush"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: 'Frontline' Files an Eye-Opening Credit Report"
May be in reply to: Paul Barnes: "Routing Problems To the Cayman Islands"