TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?

Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:36:29 -0700

In message <telecom23.559.9@telecom-digest.org> Michael A. Covington
<look@www.covingtoninnovations.com.for.address> wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I have not had very good luck with them
> to date. They seem to undercount hits to my various pages (based on my
> examination of my logs) and some days they cannot come up with any
> good ads at all. According to their figures, I am getting about 1.2 %
> rate of impressions to clicks, but most people seem to get a lot
> more. PAT]

As I understand it, Google ads require JavaScript to load. Every user
that hits your site without JavaScript, or with some adblocking
technology in place will count as a hit as far as you're concerned,
but not as far as Google is concerned.

A fool and his money are soon popular.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This is true. Google does use
JavaScript. But Google would have no way of knowing what the user
did or did not have on his computer until it was time for the
javascript to be executed, and by then the hit would already have
been counted, wouldn't it? PAT]

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
Go to Previous message: CharlesWGreenJr@NetScape.Net: "Verizon Fios and its Effect on v.90 Modems?"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?"