TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: NEC IP Phone Works, One Way

Re: NEC IP Phone Works, One Way

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:04:59 +0000

Anthony <info@straight2you.net> wrote:

> Hey folks,

> I am a bit lost, as this is my 1st go around with VoIP. I currently
> have a NEC Electra IPK system w/ the VoIP card, etc.

> I set the unit up today, and uploaded the latest firmware to the
> card. I took the phone to one of my satellite offices about 40 miles
> away from the PBX. I got the systems to connect, I can check
> voicemail, get an outside line, and page, however nobody can hear
> anything that I say, however I can hear the other end w/ the PBX
> absolutely fine.

> I've blown away the settings on both the card, and on the phone, and
> nothing I am doing is working. Is there something I am missing here?
> Is there a specific set of ports I need to open on either firewall? I
> have the phones set on the DMZ ip's, so all ports apparently are
> opened.

> Any help would be appreciated.

TURN ON LOGGING OF DROPPED PACKETS ON *BOTH* FIREWALLS.

See 'who is dropping what'.

One of them will be dropping a sh*tload of packets going toward the
main office. Probably UDP protocol stuff.

Go to Next message: Internet Oracle: "Re: USOC, SLDC, and FID Concepts"
Go to Previous message: John Schmerold: "Off-Shore Call Centers"
May be in reply to: Anthony: "NEC IP Phone Works, One Way"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page