TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Off-Shore Call Centers

Off-Shore Call Centers

John Schmerold (john@katy.com)
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:59:39 -0600

I sent the following note to a Covad salesperson. Wouldn't it be
great if we could convince every telecommunications manager to do the
same!

------------------

"I will warn you at this point we won't consider Covad services unless
I get a written guarantee backed up by penalty fees and contract
termination rights. This guarantee will stipulate that if I ever get
transferred to an overseas call center or to a call-center not staffed
by native US staff, I am entitled to significant penalty payments and
may terminate my contract with Covad.

I've spent too much time on the phone talking to someone in India
about a problem with one of my clients. Never again from now on, every
agreement I sign will have this clause."

John

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: NEC IP Phone Works, One Way"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: The Complete Communicator"
May be reply: John Schmerold: "Re: Off-Shore Call Centers"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Off-Shore Call Centers"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page