TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammels's Experience

Re: Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammels's Experience

dold@XReXXUseXC.usenet.us.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:13:41 UTC

Rick Merrill <RickMerrill@comthrow.net> wrote:

> I think there is a misconception about the "video trap" : it does NOT
> cut out the video, but removes some video reflections so that said
> reflections will not interfere with the cable modem! The "solution" to
> your original problem was simply to Not Connect your TV to the
> cable. - RM

The video trap installed on my internet-only cable was described as
blocking TV channels. It caused problems for my internet connection,
and was "allowed" to be removed because the cable run went directly
from the drop to my cable modem, and I could not attach a TV anywhere.

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Movie Studios to Sue Internet File Traders"
Go to Previous message: Paul A Lee: "Re: TV Movie: Category 6 - Day of Destruction"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammels's Experience"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page