TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammels's Experience

Re: Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammels's Experience

Rick Merrill (RickMerrill@comTHROW.net)
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:47:53 GMT

> Unfortunately, I think I know what the problem is. I had signed up for
> Comcast@home cable modem service last March, but had not signed up for
> cable TV service. (Last time I checked, this was legal. In fact, it is
> mentioned specifically as a service in the FAQ list on @home's web
> site.) But, when they came to install my @home service, they had
> neglected to install the filter (they call it a video trap) to filter
> out the video signal; from reaching my home. ...

I think there is a misconception about the "video trap" : it does NOT
cut out the video, but removes some video reflections so that said
reflections will not interfere with the cable modem! The "solution" to
your original problem was simply to Not Connect your TV to the
cable. - RM

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "TV Movie: Category 6 - Day of Destruction"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammels's Experience"