TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Update: Vonage Ring Problem

Re: Update: Vonage Ring Problem

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:15:00 -0500

In article <telecom23.546.3@telecom-digest.org>, devilspgd@crazyhat.net
says ...

> In message <telecom23.545.6@telecom-digest.org> Tony P.
> <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

>> I found either dialing 1+NPA+NXX+XXXX completes calls in < 2 seconds
>> while dialing NXX-XXXX takes 5 to 6 seconds -- they're waiting to time
>> out in that case.

> Try dialing NPA+NXX+XXXX and it will connect the call immediately.

>> Overall the receive audio quality is mostly superb (I do notice a
>> slight background noise that reminds me of the old microwave
>> transmissions systems for LD calls.) and outgoing audio reminds most
>> people of a cell phone less the gaps. I can live with that.

> Last I heard Vonage is artificially adding background noise.

So people wouldn't think the connection dropped. Usually you can hear
the person breathing on the other end among other background noises.

If I just punch a digit I can hear a distinct hiss of sorts on the
line. Tried this using a number of phones ranging in year from 1949
to the present. They all did it.

Go to Next message: Steve Crow: "Re: Update: Vonage Ring Problem"
Go to Previous message: Lincoln J. King-Cliby: "While I'm Asking Questions: CalNet"
May be in reply to: Tony P.: "Update: Vonage Ring Problem"