TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Global Crossing Statement on FCC Action

Re: Global Crossing Statement on FCC Action

Henry Cabot Henhouse III (sooper_chicken@hotmail.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:07:54 -0800

We have Global Crossing internet T1's at 3 of our buildings
... perhaps this is why all 3 have lagged and gone to crap in the past
month ... I mean, come on, ping times to yahoo and 4.2.2.2 at 3 am
with *no* traffic from us hitting 90 to 300 ms?

Lisa Minter <lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-09-2004/0002399891&EDATE=

> http://www.globalcrossing.com

> FLORHAM PARK, N.J., Nov. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Global Crossing
> (Nasdaq: GLBC) issued the following statement, which should be
> attributed to John Legere, CEO, on the Federal Communications
> Commission's declaratory ruling today.

> "We are pleased that the FCC is continuing its efforts to regulate
> VoIP services with a 'light touch.' We believe this approach will
> foster continued innovation and investment in IP networks and
> services.

> "The ever-quickening acceleration of technological change in the
> telecommunications industry demands a regulatory process that is
> swift, efficient and final."

> As the industry evolves towards an IP environment, Global Crossing
> recommends its REFORM agenda to begin adapting today's regulatory
> tools to tomorrow's regulatory challenges. Global Crossing's REFORM
> agenda is comprised of six pillars:

> * Rationalizing inter-carrier compensation.
> * Establishing a swift and efficient dispute resolution forum.
> * Formulating clear and simple rules and regulations.
> * Overhauling universal service.
> * Redefining public interest obligations.
> * Maintaining authority over essential bottleneck facilities

> The company believes that the few simple rules and safeguards outlined
> by REFORM will provide for a largely deregulated environment that will
> benefit both consumers and the telecommunications industry as a whole.

> ABOUT GLOBAL CROSSING

> Global Crossing (Nasdaq: GLBC) provides telecommunications solutions
> over the world's first integrated global IP-based network. Its core
> network connects more than 300 cities and 30 countries worldwide, and
> delivers services to more than 500 major cities, 50 countries and 6
> continents around the globe. The company's global sales and support
> model matches the network footprint and, like the network, delivers a
> consistent customer experience worldwide.

> Global Crossing IP services are global in scale, linking the
> world's enterprises, governments and carriers with customers,
> employees and partners worldwide in a secure environment that is
> ideally suited for IP-based business applications, allowing e-commerce
> to thrive. The company offers a full range of managed data and voice
> products including Global Crossing IP VPN Service, Global Crossing
> Managed Services and Global Crossing VoIP services, to more than 40
> percent of the Fortune 500, as well as 700 carriers, mobile operators
> and ISPs. Please visit http://www.globalcrossing.com for more
> information about Global Crossing.

> CONTACT GLOBAL CROSSING:
> Press Contact
> Becky Yeamans
> + 1 973-937-0155
> PR@globalcrossing.com

> Analysts/Investors Contact
> Laurinda Pang
> + 1 800-836-0342
> glbc@globalcrossing.com

> SOURCE Global Crossing
> [...]

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Establishing Local Access Numbers in US"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: "We're From the Government..."; NSA Recs on Securing Mac OS X"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Global Crossing Statement on FCC Action"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page