TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Long Distance Service in California

Re: Long Distance Service in California

dold@XReXXLongX.usenet.us.com
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:34:59 UTC

becky <becky210@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I just disconnected from SBC long distance. What other long distance
> service is available?

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: So much is available, we could not
> begin to list it all. Have you considered VOIP service which is
> about as inexpensive as you can get these days, depending on your
> volume of usage, etc. There are *much better* deals out there than
> SBC for sure. Maybe someone will write you with some suggestions.
> PAT]

I wasted my breath arguing with an SBC rep who insisted I was paying a
monthly fee for my long distance with another carrier. I pay the
bill; I know what I pay ... No, there isn't a $3.00 per month "gee we
love having you as a customer" fee.

For any international calls, I use 1010987 which is $.03/minute to most of
the countries I call. That's actually cheaper than the plan that I have
for domestic LD, but I dislike the extra digits.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Can't you get that 1010987 put onto a
speed dial button if you do not want to default all your LD traffic
to them? PAT]

Go to Next message: Satchel Paige: "Re: Any News on the Feds v. Norvergence?"
Go to Previous message: jdj: "Re: "We're From the Government..."; NSA Recs on Securing Mac OS X"
May be in reply to: becky: "Long Distance Service in California"