TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:26:23 -0500

DevilsPGD wrote:

> Rick Merrill wrote:

>> IF these images were accessed it would give criminals access to an
>> image of the customer's signature. Said criminal could then use a
>> laser printer with 640 dpi resolution to print checks that would be
>> indistinguishable from the photo check after a 240 dpi Scan!?

> I'm curious, is there a requirement that the bank which accepted the
> cheque store it for any period of time?

Quite the reverse actually. If they send the check along
electronically, then the original is destroyed.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Home Phones Face Uncertain Future"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Pre-Recorded Phone Should be Illegal"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"