TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:51:10 -0700

Isaiah Beard wrote:

>>> IF these images were accessed it would give criminals access to an
>>> image of the customer's signature. Said criminal could then use a
>>> laser printer with 640 dpi resolution to print checks that would be
>>> indistinguishable from the photo check after a 240 dpi Scan!?

>> I'm curious, is there a requirement that the bank which accepted the
>> cheque store it for any period of time?

> Quite the reverse actually. If they send the check along
> electronically, then the original is destroyed.

Interesting -- So if I say I wrote a different dollar value on the
cheque, and the electronic copy isn't sufficient to provide proof one
way or the other, does the transfer of funds get reversed?

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Go to Next message: David Clayton: "Re: When Phones Go Bad"
Go to Previous message: andy janssen: "Re: VOIP and Telnet"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"